All inclusive?! – Upgrading Munich’s Northern Fringe
Green-Blue (Infra-)Structure between the city of Dachau and Munich Airport
The LE:NOTRE Institute is glad to announce its third international student competition. The competition is organised in close relation to the Landscape Forum 2017 and will work with the same territorial context.
The Forum 2017 will be hosted by the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences (HSWT), in Freising. The competition is supported by both universities as well as by the Bavarian branch of the German Association of Landscape Architects (bdla).
The task is to develop an inclusive landscape development concept for a transsect stretching over 25 km from Dachau to Munich Airport. Students will work at various scales, ideally in interdisciplinary teams. The entire transsect will be represented by a conceptual plan at scale 1:25 000. The concept will be complemented by a translation of the overall vision to a site. One out of three proposed detailing areas can be selected with working scales from 1:5000 – 1:500.
>>>Download PDF of the competition call
For receiveing access to all materials please register for the competition: Online registration
Registration is free of charge.
Timeline and key dates
- August, 2016: Registration starts
- October 1, 2016: Official start of the working period
- October 24 -30, 2016: suggested week for individual site visits, a feedback colloquium in Freising will be organised on Friday, 28th of October at 1 pm. Please register to this colloquium here.
- November 21, 2016: Online Q&A session at 18 pm CET
- February 26, 2017: Submission deadline (23:59 CET)
- March 2017: Jury decision
- May 19, 2017: Award ceremony during the landscape forum
Competition transsect north of Munich