LE:NOTRE International Student Competition 2021
The Port Island of the future: Art-driven revitalisation of the local cityscape Gdańsk, Poland
Exhibition of submissions and winning teams
First Prize: University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Second Prize: Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences and Nürtingen-Geislingen University, Germany
Third Prize: Huazhong Agricultural University, China
Honorable Mention: Nürtingen-Geislingen University, Germany
Honorable Mention: University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Our 2021 competition invites students to propose an artistic vision for nature-driven revitalisation as well as spatial and cultural integration of the Port Island of Gdansk in Poland.
In particular, we welcome innovative ideas for landscape and green infrastructure that would help to increase interest in this area for both the citizens of Gdańsk and tourists.
We would like the Port Area to be a model example of a fully compatible combination of industrial, service, residential and recreational zones that have a diverse yet coherent visual identity.
- Download full competition brief
- Join the competition on Facebook
- Watch recordings of our accompanying online lectures
The competition invites international student teams from landscape architecture, urban planning, geography, arts, economy, architecture to develop integrated perspectives for landscapes shaped by political, social and cultural division.
Key data of the LE:NOTRE Student Competition 2021
- Official start of the working period: October 1, 2020
- Competition lecture series: weekly on Wednesdays at 18 pm, starting on October 15
- Online brainstorming workshops in mixed teams: November 3 + 5, 2020
- Online feedback colloquium: November, 18 at 18pm CET
- Latest registration date: January 10, 2021
- Submission deadline: January 31, 2021, at midnight CET
- Jury selection results: by 1st of March 2021
- Awards Ceremony in Gdansk: April 21, 2021, during the 10th Landscape Forum Digital Kick-Off